We are seeking an experienced Research Analyst for the security business. You will be responsible for carrying out complex research and integral to the growth of the company, as it expands its current service offering. The position is full-time.
The work will include both open-source research collection, report writing / editing, verbal briefs, and business development.
Role Purpose and Responsibilities
- Collecting and analysing information to provide objective, timely, and accurate security updates / reports
- Assisting our security team in the planning of CONOPs.
- Mapping security hotspots on a local and geopolitical scale
- Identifying business opportunities in Pakistan, Afghanistan and Globally
- Providing administrative support to London or Ukraine offices
- Deep knowledge and experience of geopolitical and security issues across the globe, with specific knowledge of Afghanistan, Pakistan, and the Middle East.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with native level written and spoken English.
- Undergraduate (Bachelor’s) degree (2.1 or higher) in International Relations or related field.
- Experience in security, war studies, investigations or equivalent in the public sector.
- Demonstrable experience using relevant opensource databases.
- Analytical skills, together with sound reasoning and aptitude for independently progressing your own research as well as that of the team.
- Ability to meet strict deadlines and work under pressure.
- Ability to work as part of a tight and collaborative team.
- A proactive attitude.
- Ability to maintain the highest levels of integrity, discretion, and confidentiality.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Proficiency with MS Office tools.
- Post-graduate degree.
- Knowledge of other languages, notably Urdu, Pashto, Dari and Arabic
- Experience in risk consulting, journalism, international relations, or government sector.
We offer a hands-on environment, working together as a strong, cohesive team allowing you to further your experience, network and career while making a tangible contribution to the development of the business. Expect to receive direct responsibility and independence early on, whilst working on a variety of diverse, complex, and interesting projects.
Start Date: Immediate
To apply please send your CV and covering letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Due to the high volume of enquiries received, unfortunately we are only able to respond to those applications taken forward to interview stage.
|Number of Posts||2|